Sunday 22 December 2019

Never get used to


Calling for you is your daughter 

I look for you 'round every corner 
I need to hear your voice, it's harder than ever before




My glasses left marks on my face

The way yours did after work.

I tried to remember the sound of your laughter 

I know it felt warm and infectious.

I tried to remember your face

Only faint silhouettes remain.

One Saturday I had bugged you enough and you let me cut your hair

The memory once vivid now disjointed. 

Although your sometimes nonchalant seeming responses to my dilemmas irritated me and you knew it, we both knew you were the only one I could call. 
For the first time I am starting to truly understand what it was you were saying. 

Sometimes I feel your presence. 

Other times I NEED to feel your presence so much so that ill formed versions of you appear and scare me in ways you never did. 

I do not understand divine timing, questioning it is futile, accepting it is peace. 

But, I’m doing good though.

No comments:

Post a Comment