Wednesday 27 November 2019

Gratitude

'Is a must. Yeah. 
...Mi see blessings fall by mi right hand' 

I am learning about gratitude. I am grateful for this journey and all the past journey and journeys yet to manifest.

Today I express my gratitude for my hands, from the time I wake to the time I sleep my hands are always active in a motion. Everything my mind conjures up or desires has to pass through my hands before it manifests. 

To steady yourself you use your hands, to conceal an inappropriate giggle use our hands, when we are nervous or anxious we reach for our hands, our hands connect the intangible with the tangible.  

As I spend hours cutting vegetables, mixing spices, I realise my hands are my release. As I spend hours writing and drawing in forms, shapes, letters and words incomprehensible to others I acknowledge my hands are the bridge to my ancestors as their knowledge, unravelling itself the more I learn myself. When my hands are creating the concept of time and the outside world melting. 

P.S I am grateful for the opportunity of learning me, I love discovering that the box is illusionary and only appears once I place it there. I am grateful for the people I have met, I am meeting and am yet to meet, I am grateful for the art I have created am creating and will create. I am grateful that it never ended and was simply beginning. I am alive and I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment